Terms and Conditions
- This service is provided by Multi Market Services New Zealand Limited (trading as KiwiPlates) on an "as is" and "as available" basis to assist with the resale of personalised license plates, without any warranty or condition, either express, implied or statutory. By using this service to browse, buy or sell license plates, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- KiwiPlates accepts no responsibility for any loss or gain arising from the use of this service, or any claim made by any of its users.
Who can use the Resale Noticeboard
- The service provided by this website is only available to individuals who can make legally binding contracts. The service is not available for the use for individuals under the age of eighteen years or any other individual who is prevented from entering into a binding contract. A user is any person, who either browses, lists or bids for any plate product on this website.
Buying and Selling Plates
- The current fee for listing a plate for sale is $39.95 for a 90 day term. A plate listing can be extended for a further 3 months. If the listing is still active, the fee for a listing extension is $19.95. If the listing has expired, the fee to relist your plate will be the standard listing fee. KiwiPlates reserves the right to amend the fee or fee structure from time to time, without notice.
- The terms and risks of any sale, including those facilitated by KiwiPlates Resale Noticeboard, are a matter between the buyer and seller. KiwiPlates is merely acting as a service provider in those transactions taking place on this website. Title to any property listed on this website shall belong to the seller or buyer, as the case may be, and any disputes and/or disagreements between the buyer and seller must be addressed between the buyer and seller and KiwiPlates shall not be held responsible in any way or manner.
- Settlement of monies due and payable as a result of a sale must be addressed between the buyer and seller and KiwiPlates shall not be held responsible in any way or manner.
- Plate sellers must hold entitlement in their name for any plate combination listed for sale.
- Plate combinations must be available for sale at the time of listing and listing a plate combination for sale obliges a seller to sell the plate combination at the price nominated. Listing a plate combination for sale is a legitimate offer to sell.
- A Transfer of Entitlement form must be completed by both parties and submitted to Licensys, the Government Plate Manufacturer. The transfer form can be submitted online or downloaded in a PDF format. This form will ensure ownership of the plate combination and will be transferred to the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) database.
- Users agree to display common sense and act with caution when using the Service. There are risks involved when conducting business over the Internet and/or through listing services. KiwiPlates cannot confirm the identity or location of its users, or whether users are under age or acting under false pretences. We encourage direct discussions and negotiations between users of this facility during the purchase or sale process. If you have any doubts regarding the intentions of the seller or buyer, we recommend using a trusted third party service to facilitate the final buy/sell transaction.
- Unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature is not allowed. Please note that KiwiPlates will be verifying the contents of each newly submitted listing prior to release to general public.
Modifying the service and communications
- KiwiPlates reserves the right to terminate listings at any time if any of the Terms and Conditions are breached.
- KiwiPlates reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any amendment/s shall be effective immediately upon loading to the website. Your continued use of the facility constitutes your agreement to the amended Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions were last modified on 01 February 2019.
- If you object to any of the Terms or Conditions or any modifications that are made from time to time, or are dissatisfied with the service in any way, you can terminate the listing, forfeiting all rights to claim on fees paid, by notifying KiwiPlates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When using the KiwiPlates Resale Noticeboard service, you agree to comply with any law which applies to the use of the service or to the sale, listing and browsing of items within the service.
- Information about yourself may be required during the registration, listing and seller/buyer contact process, or as prompted by the service. KiwiPlates will not provide any personal information provided by you to any third party, other than KiwiPlates or its agents in the marketing and selling of license plates.
- The NZTA may recall Personalised Plates, including after a plate has been on-sold, if they believe the combination is (or becomes) of inappropriate or unsociable. "Inappropriate or unsociable" plates include:
- Obscene or indecent combinations;
- Plates promoting unsafe; antisocial; illegal or harmful behaviour;
- Plates that could offend members or citizens of a distinct culture or a particular religion; nation; race; ethnicity; gender; age; sexual preference; disability; mental illness; political belief or minority;
- Plates that could be considered offensive to Government Departments.
If you are unsure of the appropriateness of the combination you are purchasing, please contact KiwiPlates on 0800 650 111 before purchasing. If the NZTA recalls Personalised a Plate, the NZTA is only obliged to offer a replacement plate in exchange. Neither the NZTA nor KiwiPlates are obliged to offer any other compensation.
- KiwiPlates or its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives will not be liable for any loss, whether direct, indirect or incidental, as a result of the use of the service or if the service becomes unavailable for whatever reason.
- KiwiPlates or its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives will not be liable for any taxes which may be incurred as a result of the sale of a plate combination.